Man Up, the group just for men. Every Sunday at 8 p.m. in the Church Centre.
Our next meeting is on Sunday, 25th June at 8 p.m. in the lounge at the St. John’s Church Centre with John leading us. We will be looking at the seventh in our series in the letter to the Hebrews, covering Hebrews 10:26 – 12:3. So far in the series we have learned that:
- Jesus is God’s greatest revelation, so we need to pay close attention to him and never drift away;
- Jesus is a real human. He suffered death as a human to destroy death’s power and to free us from its slavery, so that we can have friendship with God.
- Jesus is God’s Son and is much greater even than Moses. We need to fix our hopes on Him, by listening to, believing and acting on God’s word.
- Jesus is our great High Priest forever, so we can approach God’s throne with total confidence.
- We need to feed on the solid food, which is the truth about Jesus, so that we become mature in our faith, instead of falling away.
- The old covenant (temple, priests, sacrifice) was all looking forward to Jesus and the new covenant which he brought, so don’t ever give up on him!
Next up the writer of Hebrews looks at faith and perseverance. The Bible is full of examples of God’s people who did extraordinary things as they looked forward to the fulfilment of the promises which God made. This side of the cross, we see that God himself, in the form of his Son, the Lord Jesus, is the author and perfecter of our faith. He scorned the shame of the cross and persevered through torture and death itself. Come and join us as we see how these examples inspire us to deeper faith today.